Branches of the Kyiv Regional Archaeological Museum are mainly located in the Obukhov district and only one in the Pereyaslav-Khmelnitsky region. Currently, the Regional Archeological Museum includes seven branches dedicated to different historical periods, ethnography of the Kyiv region and people who have left a prominent mark in the history of Ukraine.
The Archaeological Museum is located in two halls on the 2nd floor of the village council building. The first hall presents the artefacts from the excavations of Trypillia settlement in Kolomytsev Yar tract (Kopachiv), conducted by the Institute of Archeology of NASU in cooperation with the Kiev Regional Archeological Museum. As well aspresented artefacts of the Kyivan Rus and Paleolithic.
Only one of the branches of the Kiev Regional Archaeological Museum, located on the left bank of the Dniper river. Local Lore Museum in Sosnova (Pereyaslav-Khmelnitsky district) opened in 1986 in the building of a wealthy peasant. It has four rooms, where the exposition presents household materials made of wood, embroidered items, documents, numismatics and other household items of the 19th – 20th centuries.
In the two-storey building of the former kindergarten, two museums co-exist, although they function as one branch of the Kiev Regional Archeological Museum.
On the ground floor of the building there’s Local Lore Museum, that highlights different aspects of life and the formation of the village.
Anatoly Solovyanenko Museum is dedicated to the life and career of the famous singer of the twentieth century, Honored Artist of Ukraine, who lived and rested in Kozin.
Museum of Fighting Glory in Tripillia was formed on the basis of the materials of the Museum of Komsomol’s Glory and the painstaking work of Kateryna Burenko, who founded it and manages it. The museum was complemented by the findings of the school students who actively participated in its creation. After all, the museum was opened in one of the rooms of the Trypillian Secondary School on the 9th of August, 2000.
The official opening of the Vikentiy Khvoyka Museum in Halepya was held on the birthday of a prominent archeologist on February 20, 2009, in the renovated building of a former literacy school built in 1883, where the researcher worked in 1896-1898. Vincent Khvoyka and Ivan Franko lived at the same time and hardly met. That is why they became neighbors in 2010, when the Ivan Franko Museum was opened in the premises where the Khvoika Museum is already housed.
The museum was housed in the premises of a former manufactory that was built by Jew Patlach in 1902. In 1994-1995 repair works were carried out, materials were collected and the issues of exposition were solved in 2 halls occupying 115 sq. m. The first hall shows the archaeological finds of the Scythian and ancient Rus period. The diorama of Germanic of the XI-XIII centuries became its decoration. In order to create it, the artist Nechiporenko even had to live in the museum for two months.